A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesBreakfast, Green, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk together until the mixture is homogeneous and pale yellow; about 30 seconds.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. When butter begins to foam, about 30 seconds, add eggs.
- Cook undisturbed until a thin layer of cooked egg appears around the edges of the skillet.
- Using a rubber spatula and broad strokes, push the eggs around to create large soft curds. Do not flip them over. Continue this process but pause intermittently, allowing the eggs to cook, gently pushing and folding the liquid eggs to form curds.
- Careful to not overcook the eggs. They will appear runny on top but will set. Cooking them this way should take about 3 minutes.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. You can also do this when whisking them.
- These eggs are great on their own but excellent over toast, sauteed spinach, sliced avocado, or just about anything you can imagine.