A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- Green Chile Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounce can green chiles, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sriracha Honey Glaze
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Yellowbird Organic Sriracha
- Loaded Sriracha-Glazed Tater Tot Nachos (Totchos)
- 4 cups tater tots
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- Bake the tater tots on a parchment-lined baking sheet per the package instructions.
- Sriracha Honey Glaze: Add the honey and Yellowbird Organic Sriracha to a small pan. Over a low heat, whisk the ingredients together to form the glaze — about 1 minute.
- Green Chile Cheese Sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Then add garlic and saute for about a minute. Next, add the strained green chiles and saute for another minute.
- Sift 1 tablespoon of flour into the mixture. Mix well until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Add in the milk and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Cook for 2 minutes, until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and work in the cheddar cheese. Do it in batches. Add some, let it melt, mix it in, then repeat. Do until all the cheese is incorporated.
- Remove the tater tots from the oven and add them to a large mixing bowl. Top with the glaze and gently toss until tots are coated.
- Return the glazed tots to the baking sheet, without the parchment paper, put them back into the oven for a few minutes. Then top the tots with the Green Chile Green Sauce, salsa, sour cream, and slices of avocado.