A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesBreakfast, Red, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- 3 oz pitted prunes
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz chocolate chips
- 3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Add the 3 ounces prunes, ½ cup almonds, ¼ cup oats, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to a large microwave safe bowl along with the 2 ounces chocolate chips and 3 cups almond milk.
- How to Store Chocolate: Keep in an airtight container in a cool, dark, and dry place around room temperature. Avoid the freezer or fridge, as they add moisture.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until almond milk is hot and chocolate has started to melt.
- Shelf Life of Chocolate: Milk chocolate, opened or unopened and stored properly, will last about 1 year past the Best By date, less for milk and white chocolate.
- Does Chocolate Go Bad: It’s called a chocolate bloom when it has whitened. It’s the cocoa fat rising to the surface and is completely safe to eat. It’s called a sugar bloom if you see crystals form on the surface. Also safe to eat. If you see mold though, toss it out.
- How to Store Oats: Rolled, Steel Cut, and Instant types will keep for 2 years in an airtight container in a dark, cool place. Once cooked, keeps for 7 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Carefully transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!