A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesGreen, Main Course, Red, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 1 (14.5 ounce) value size box mac & cheese
- 4 bell peppers
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice off the tops of the bell peppers such that the stem stays in tact. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and pith.
- Using a paring knife, cut out a Christmas tree into one side of each pepper. You of course can do any holiday shape like a snow(wo)man or whatever. I am not that talented.
- Prepare four pieces of parchment paper that are, at their width, the same height as the peppers and long enough to wrap around each pepper. Cut 4 pieces of kitchen twine that are long enough to tie around each pepper, to hold the parchment paper in place.
- Place the cut side of the bell face down at the center of one piece of paper. Wrap the pepper and then tie it off with the string. Repeat for all the bell peppers. They are all tied up like little Christmas presents!
- Place them in a baking dish standing up.
- Cook the mac and cheese per the instructions on the box, but be sure to salt that pasta water!
- Divide the cooked mac and cheese between the bell peppers. You will probably have some left over. I hate when there is leftover mac and cheese, said no one ever!
- Replace the pepper tops and place the baking dish in the oven. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until peppers are tender and slightly wilted.
- Unwrap and enjoy!