A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesGreen, Main Course, Red, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 4 taco shells
- 2 black bean veggie burgers
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Place the 2 black bean veggie burgers in a pop-up toaster; one patty per slot.
- Set the temperature for the “toast” to medium-high and press the lever to toast the burgers. Toasters vary from model to model, so you will probably have to toast the burgers twice to cook them thoroughly. NOTE: The toaster method is far better than microwaving the burgers as the result is both warm and crispy. The perfect veggie burger! This works because, unlike meat patties, veggie burgers don’t exude fat when cooking. Cooking a meat patty this way could set your toaster on fire and would be very dangerous.
- Once the patties are thoroughly cooked and crispy, remove them from the toaster and cut each patty in half.
- Place each half into a taco shell, cut side down.
- Top the tacos with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa, as desired.