A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesGreen, Sauce, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over a medium-low heat. Sift in the flour and mix until well
- Add the milk and turn the heat to medium-high. Whisk the mixture until well combined.
- Add the salt and cayenne pepper.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, reduce to medium heat. Adjust as needed to keep a low simmer. Cook for 2 minutes. The sauce should thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add in a handful of the cheese and mix until it is fully melted and incorporated. Repeat until all of the cheese has been incorporated.
- If you keep heat during this step, you risk the cheese breaking.