A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream one cup of butter along with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar, 2 cups of flour, ¼ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons matcha green tea. Gradually add it to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Mix in the ½ cup of chopped pistachios. What is it about pistachios? I simply love their color.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up the dough. This will help them keep their roundish shape during baking. Of course, if you don't care about that, just bake em.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets and roll them in powdered sugar while still hot. Place them on wire racks for 30 minutes to cool and roll cookies in powdered sugar again before serving.