A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesBreakfast, Green, Red, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 2 oz Cotija cheese
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add 2 corn tortillas to a quarter-sized baking sheet. Take 1 tablespoons of oil and fully brush each side of the tortillas. Salt them to taste.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until they are crispy.
- While the tortillas are baking, add ½ cup of enchilada sauce to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 eggs to the enchilada sauce and cook until the whites are fully set.
- How to test eggs for freshness: Unsure if your eggs are still fresh to eat. Simply drop them in a glass of water. If they sink, they are good to go.
- Divide the ½ cup of black beans between the 2 crispy taco shells. Add an egg on top of the beans and divide sauce between the shells. Divide the ½ of avocado, ½ cup chopped lettuce, 2 ounces Cotija cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro between the tortillas.
- How to ripen an avocado: Quickly ripen avocados by storing them in a closed paper bag with an apple or a banana. They should be ready to eat within a day.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!