A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 4 pieces of bread
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut avocados lengthwise, around the pit. Twist each half in separate directions, to pull apart. Holding the half with the pit in one hand, whack the pit with a large sharp knife. Twist it until the pit pops out. Do so for each avo.
- Cut the halves into slices with a spoon and then scoop out the fruit into a mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher.
- Add lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Toast the bread slices. Using a large knife, cut the bread into triangles.
- Spread the avocado onto a triangle and build out a tree. One triangle at the top, two on the next row, three on the following but close together, and three on the bottom but spread apart.
- Trim the crust from the remaining toast to make the trunk of the tree. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter, or just a knife, and carve out the star from a remaining piece of toast.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes and use the slices as ornaments on the tree.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!