A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesBreakfast, Green, Salad, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- 2 large eggs
- 5 oz spring salad mix
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 2 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 8 oz heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocado, ripe but firm
- 2 pieces toast
- Carefully add 2 eggs to a saucepan, covered by at least 1 inch of water. I always make a few hard boiled eggs at a time.
- Bring the water to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes then place them in ice water.
- Add 5 ounces of salad mix to a bowl with 4 radishes, 2 persian cucumbers, 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, 1 green onion, ¼ cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss until everything is evenly coated in the oil.
- Divide the salad between 2 bowls for serving.
- Make the avocado roses: Half and pit the avocados. Peel off the skin of one half, and cut the flesh into thin strips width-wise. Take half of the avocado half, and set the other to the side. Stretch out the slices such that they make a long strip. Then carefully roll one end inward until it is all rolled up. It should look like a rosebud. You can press the avocado slices down a bit from the top to make it look like an opened rose. Repeat for all the avocados. You should have 8 roses.
- Cut the crust off of 2 pieces of toast and cut the slices into 4 equal parts. Place an avocado rose on each piece of toast. Again, you should have a total of 8 mini avocado toasts with avocado roses on them.
- Add 4 of the avocado rose toasts to each salad. Peel and half the eggs, adding an egg to each salad. Salt and pepper to taste.