A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesGreen, Salsa, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded & diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 4 radishes, small dice
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Peel, seed, and dice 2 cucumbers. You can leave the seeds in if you like. It will make the salsa a bit more watery and slightly on the bitter side. I would not leave the peel. It would be too bitter.
- Add the diced cucumbers to a mixing bowl.
- How to store cucumbers: Cucumbers like to be cold but often the fridge is too cold for them. Try storing them in the warmer part of your fridge and away from ethylene emitting produce, if you are in a warmer climate. Or you can store them at room temperature, like I do. Keep them away from ethylene produce still and store them in a cool place away from sunlight.
- Dice 1 yellow bell pepper and add. Add the ¼ cup of diced red onion, 4 radishes diced (I used Easter radishes for their color), 1 minced serrano chile pepper, ⅓ cup chopped cilantro, the juice from 2 limes, and 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- How to store bell peppers: Bell peppers fair better in the cold than cukes do, so they do well in the fridge. They like it humid though so place them in a bag. Even better, if you have a crisper drawer where you can adjust the humidity, place them there.
- How to store chile peppers: Chile peppers, like serranos or jalapenos, are similar to bell peppers. They like it a little colder but not as much humidity. They are also more sensitive to ethylene so keep that in mind.
- Add in ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
- If you want it saltier, I suggest adding ¼ teaspoon of sea salt at a time, mix the salsa, and then let it set for a few minutes. Taste and repeat if you want more. The salt will need some time to incorporate, so letting it set prevents the salsa from getting over salted.
- This salsa will keep fresh for 2 to 3 days stored in an airtight container. I like to chill mine for an hour in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!