A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 2 Fuyu Persimmons
- 1 ounce Brie, preferably triple cream
- 1 Serving mixed greens
- ⅛ cup pine nuts
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Trim, quarter and remove the seeds from 2 persimmons.
- Place the persimmons on a baking sheet, and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning them over at half time. NOTE: Commercially speaking, there are two types of persimmons: the hachiya and the fuyu. Hachiyas are heart-shaped and need to over ripen before eating. They taste kinda furry otherwise. This variety is perfect for baking with. Fuyus can be eaten just like an apple.
- In a large mixing bowl, add one serving of mixed greens, 1/8 cup of pine nuts and olive oil. You want just enough oil to lightly coat the leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss the salad.
- Remove the persimmons from the oven when done--they should be slightly browned but still firm--and let them cool slightly.
- Plate the greens with 1 ounce of brie and top the salad with the roasted persimmons.