- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Miso Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- ½ cup pasta water
Roasted Cauliflower & Miso Alfredo Pasta
- ½ pound fettuccine
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Miso Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Remove leaves and stem from the cauliflower head and cut into florets. Add florets to a large mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon melted butter, ½ teaspoon sea salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Mix until cauliflower is fully coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. A little trick is to crumple the paper first, uncrumple it, then it will easily shape to whatever surface.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the baking sheet and place the sheet in the oven. Roast cauliflower for about 45 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
- About 15 minutes before the cauliflower is finished roasting, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and begin cream sauce. When pasta water begins to boil, add a couple tablespoons of salt and cook pasta per instructions.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a shallow saute pan over medium low heat. Add in 3 cloves minced garlic and saute for about a minute until fragrant, careful not to burn. Add ½ cup heavy cream and a pinch of black pepper.
- Bring sauce to a low simmer and turn off heat. Mix in 1 cup of parmesan cheese until fully melted and combined with sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of white miso and whisk into sauce.
- After pasta has cooked, add ½ cup of pasta water to the sauce. Strain fettuccine and add it to the sauce. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with a SIP certified Cab Sauv. Enjoy!
How to Store Olive Oil
Keep olive oil, and other oils such as vegetable, coconut, or canola, in a cool dark place. Don’t store them in cabinets above or near the stove.
Shelf Life of Olive Oil
Olive oil, when stored properly, will keep for about 2 years. Vegetable oil keeps for about 1 year, same with canola oil and sesame oil. Coconut oil keeps about 6 months.
How to Store Cauliflower
Keep a head of cauliflower in a bag in the fridge for up to a week. If moisture is building around the vegetable, wrap it in a paper towel. Florets will last about 5 days.
How to Freeze Cauliflower
Blanch cauliflower florets in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and transfer them to an ice bath. Drain the water and lay florets as a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze for an hour. Transfer florets to a freezer safe container, use within a year.