A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 4 very large kale leaves
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Okay, first we need to trim our kale. Watch my video on de-stemming kale. Now, for this recipe...I suggest you use kale that is long and flat. The curly kind could work, but it's going to be a bit of a pain in the butt.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Now, using your strips of kale, cut them such that you can line the inside of each muffin tin with enough kale to cover the bottom. You don't want it exact. Have some sticking up like I do below. It makes removing the cups a bit easier. Also, if you aren't using a non-stick pan, you might want to grease the six tins first.
- Inside each kale cup, add about 1 teaspoon of both parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Then crack an egg into each cup. Now divide the remaining bread crumbs and parmesan cheese amongst the 6 cups. Divide the salt and pepper amongst the six cups.
- Place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the whites are set. If you want a firmer yolk, you will want to bake it closer to 15 minutes. BTW, this recipe is very scalable. You can make just one or just 40, it's super easy to adjust.