A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesGreen, Red, Sandwich, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- Jackfruit “Tuna” Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of minced pickled jalapeno
- 1 (9 ounce) pack Lightly Seasoned Jackfruit by The Jackfruit Company
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Jackfruit Tuna Melt
- 4 slices of thick sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to a low broil setting.
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, celery, pickles, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, and parsley and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork or knife, chop up the Lightly Seasoned Jackfruit by The Jackfruit Company. Then add the jackfruit to mayonnaise mixture and mix to combine.
- Toast the bread. Place bread on a baking sheet and top with one slice of cheese, spinach, a few tomato wedges, and a few avocado slices.
- Divide the jackfruit “tuna” salad between the four slices of bread. Top each piece with another slice of cheese. Bake until cheese is melted; 5 minutes.