- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion, small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Indian Dal spice packet from Zen of Slow Cooking
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red lentils, washed & picked over
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to your crock pot. Turn the heat to medium-high. Once the oil has warmed, add 1 ½ cups chopped onion and 4 cloves of garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion being to sweat and the mixture becomes aromatic.
- How to store onions: Never put them in the refrigerator. They prefer a dry place with decent air flow.
- Add 1 packed of Indian Dal spice packet from Zen of Slow Cooking , ½ teaspoons sea salt, 2 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 cup lentils, 2 cups vegetable broth, and 1 can of coconut milk. Mix to combine.
- How to store garlic: Once you open a bulb of garlic, unused cloves begin to lose their freshness. You can peel them all and keep them in vinegar in the fridge for months.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Get instructions on how to make this recipe in a pressure cooker or dutch oven , plus many other recipes! I served this curry over my mom’s homemade rice pilaf. Yum!