A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesCocktail, Red, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 1 lb fresh cherries, pitted & smashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 cup filtered water
- Slices of lemon
- Add 1 pound fresh cherries to a gallon-sized pitcher that are pitted, smashed, and juicy.
- Fresh cherries will keep for about 10 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer. You may want to destem and pit them when freezing but not necessary.
- Add 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup fresh lemon juice, and 12 cups of filtered water. Filtered is optional but does improve the taste.
- To get the most juice out of a lemon, microwave it for about 20 seconds. It will not only be easier to squeeze, it will yield more. Excess juice can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge for 2 hours. During this time the sugar will dissolve.
- Stir just before serving and serve over ice with slices of lemon. The cherry lemonade will keep for about 10 days in the fridge. If you aren’t going to drink it in time, turn it into popsicles!