- 2 heads cauliflower, riced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
- Add the cauliflower rice with enough water to cover to a stock pot. Cover and bring to a boil, cooking until the cauliflower is tender; about 10 minutes. How to make your own cauliflower rice.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid if you wish to make it vegan.
- Place the drained cauliflower back in the pot. Add in half the butter and mix with a spoon until melted, or the liquid for making it vegan. Then mash using an immersion blender to desired consistency. A potato masher works just fine too!
- Salt and pepper to taste. Place the remaining butter on top with more salt and pepper and maybe some chopped chives. Serve hot. Enjoy!