- 1 bottle Cupcake Vineyards Riesling
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup jicamas, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cubed
- ½ lime, juiced
- Combine the 1 1/2 cup of water and sugar into a small sauce pan along with the 2 tablespoons of pink peppercorns. Warm it over a medium-high heat. When it is just about to boil, add in the 10 sprigs of fresh thyme, cover it, and remove it from the stove. Allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- While the simple syrup is cooling down and infusing with those beautiful peppercorns and thyme, lets get to chopping our jicama and cucumber. You'll need to peel the jicama and the cucumber, cubing and slicing respectively.
- Add the jicama and cucumber to your sangria pitcher along with enough of the Cupcake Riesling to cover. Let this sit while you go and cube the Granny Smith apple. I do it in this order so the apple does not oxidize. We do not want brown apples in our sangria!
- Now add the cubed apple to the pitcher along with a half of lime, juiced and the 2 cups of simple syrup, straining out the peppercorns and thyme.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for about an hour and then serve it over ice.