A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesDessert, Red, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cups sugar, divided
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed & cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 orange, zested
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine cranberries and ¼ cup of sugar in a food processor and process just until the cranberries are broken down into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Combine flour, remaining sugar, salt, and ginger in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, Mix together on a low speed until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Add in butter, and mix until a rough dough forms. You don’t want to over mix the dough.
- Halve dough and shape each half into a log. Place each log on a 12-by-16-inch sheet of parchment. Roll dough in the parchment until the diameter reaches 1½-inches by pressing a ruler along the long edge of parchment at each turn to narrow the log. Store the log in an empty paper towel tube to help keep its shape.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 72 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the turbinado or coarse sugar onto a baking sheet. Roll the cookie dough back and forth over the sugar, making sure it sticks to the log and is evenly coated.
- Cut slices of cookie dough into about ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or just until cookies are set.
- Let cookies cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.