CategoriesMain Course, Red
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup ground tempeh
- 2 ½ cup cauliflower rice
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 small tortillas
- 4 oz shredded cheese, divided
- 12 oz enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan sauté 8 ounces of fresh spinach. Here's a video on How to Sauté Spinach .
- Once sauteed, transfer to a colander to strain out the remaining water from the spinach.
- In a large pan heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Then 2 cloves of minced garlic and warm them up in the oil, be careful not to fry the garlic. Add in the ⅓ cup of minced red onion and sweat the onions for a few minutes.
- Next turn up the burner to medium-high heat. Add in the 1 cup of tempeh and saute for about 1 minute. Then add in the 2 ½ cups of cauliflower rice and sauté for a few minutes. Add in the 1 ounce of taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and one 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes. If you like spice, use a can of diced tomatoes with chiles to kick it up a notch! Mix together and cook until the liquid you added from the tomatoes is gone.
- Now it’s time to build our enchiladas. Take 8 small tortillas and layer each one with a little bit of the shredded cheese, then spinach, and “meat” filling. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in a baking dish. Top the rolled tortillas with 12 ounces of enchilada sauce, the rest of the shredded cheese, and ¼ cup of sliced black olives.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.