A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesCocktail, Green, Red, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- 2 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 1 oz Rosemary Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- 2 oz Añejo tequila
- 1 blood orange slice
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
Rosemary Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Add fresh rosemary, a cinnamon stick, sugar, and water to a small pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved. When the liquid comes to a low simmer, cover the pot, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let steep for about 3 minutes, longer if you want a more intense flavor, up to 10 minutes. Strain out the rosemary and cinnamon, reserving the liquid. It should make ¾ cup of syrup.
- Transfer it to an airtight container. The syrup keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks. This syrup is great for teas, homemade sodas, and cocktails.
Blood Orange & Rosemary Margarita
- Fill the mixing glass of a Boston shaker ⅓ full with crushed ice.
- Add the blood orange juice, the rosemary cinnamon simple syrup, the fresh lime juice, and the tequila. Cover and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and a slice of blood orange.