CategoriesMain Course, Red, Vegan
- 4 large parsnips, porn-star sized
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Like I said, you want big parsnips. Giant! The kind that will make your mom blush. Trim the ends and peel them.
- Using the same vegetable peeler, cut ribbons off of each parsnip.
- Okay, you could stop here if you like. That process alone is a bit of work (I watched reruns of the Kardashians while I did it...don't judge!). You could just skip to the blanching part and call it fettuccine. But...if you stay with me..the meal will turn out a lot better and a lot more like pasta. That is why you are here, right? It's not for the Ron Jeremy jokes. Maybe it's for the Ron Jeremy jokes.
- Let's go ahead and run the parsnip ribbons through a pasta machine. I hope you have a Kitchen Aid one or something similar. This is an informative note for a specific step. Pay attention to this information, it is very important. You do not want to miss this step.
- You made it! You are in the home stretch and look at how gorgeous that is. This pasta is going to be yummy and it is vegan and gluten free, plus super healthy!
- Bring the water to a boil and then add the salt.
- Reduce it to a simmer and then add in the parsnip "pasta". Cook it for 5 to 10 seconds and then remove it immediately. What's happening is this: You are cooking it just long enough so that the parsnip is not raw but not cooking it all the way through. If you did it would be more tender than chewy. By doing this you create that chewy texture you get from regular pasta.