A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 1 ½ cups Thai Tea Mix
- 6 water
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- crushed ice
- First thing first, let's get to know Thai Iced Tea a bit better. This beverage, for all intents and purposes, is Kool-Aid. I'm serious. Despite being made with a rather healthy tea, it's dyed orange, flavored with "natural flavors" and who knows what else. It's imported from Thailand and the packaging isn't very forthcoming. That said, I effing love this stuff! It's like crack... and for all I know, that might be one of the ingredients. And I am okay with that.
- To create the tea, simple warm 6 cups of water in a small saucepan (don't boil), remove from heat, and then add 1 1/2 cups of Thai Tea Mix to it. Cover and let steep for about 5 minutes. Then carefully strain out the tea. I do this by straining it through a cheesecloth-lined sieve, then twisting the cloth to remove as much liquid as possible. When it is all done, you should have about 4 cups of brewed tea remaining.
- Add in 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk, and mix it together. Now transfer it to the fridge to chill, for about an hour or so.
- Divide the sweetened tea between four glasses filled with crushed ice and float a bit of cream on the top. Enjoy! Let me just add that my trip to Thailand was epic. I rode elephants, hung out with tigers, took cooking classes, visited breathtaking waterfalls and that just some of it. You can see the photos from my trip over on Facebook. But the best part of Thailand is the people. They are warm, gracious, and so welcoming. I never felt out of place or mistreated, regardless of how badly I fumbled through their language.