A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesBaked Good, Vegetarian
Jump to instructions
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee, I used Philz Manhattan Blend
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of sugar, the seeded vanilla bean, and the 2 tablespoons of coffee. I used Philz Coffee, a fav of mine here in SF. They have this Manhattan blend that is AMAZING and full of chocolately goodness.
- In the pan that you are going to bake the brownies in, melt the half stick of butter and then combine the 1/4 cup cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then add 8 ounces of chocolate. Reduce the heat and keep stirring it until all of the chocolate has melted. This should take not longer than a minute. Remove from the heat and let cool once mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 3/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix it together.
- Now add the egg mixture to the chocolate, mixing it thoroughly. Then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Now get baked! I mean, bake the brownies in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, checking it with a toothpick for readiness. If you paid close attention to my main photo, you probably saw some joints in there. I made these with dried lavender. I wouldn't suggest smoking them.