A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- ½ cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup blueberries
- You're gonna want a mason jar (or bowl) that will hold at least 2 cups of stuff. Fill it up with 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- Chia seeds are all the rage and, well, they should be. They are great for adding structure to almost any recipe and, well, they keep things moving... if you know what I mean. Pooping, I am talking about pooping here folks. Anyway, add about 1 tablespoon of them to your mix.
- I love quinoa for breakfast. I also like rice for breakfast. Okay, I pretty much love everything from burgers to pizza for breakfast. But I'm only putting 1/3 cup cooked quinoa in these overnight oats.
- While you can just add in the next few ingredients, I have better results when I mix them together first. I shouldn't say better. I mean more consistent. Mix together 1 cup of almond milk, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Then add it to the oats. Honestly, you can really make these without a recipe. The key is this, at least have a 1:1 ratio for your oats and liquid. And just to make it all work out well, I always make sure the mixture is mostly covered, like below. So even though I used cooked quinoa, I still covered it.
- Next you want to cover it and place it in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- In the morning, give it a good mix and then stir in the 1/4 cup of blueberries. I topped mine off with some raspberries for color. How tasty does this look? Enjoy!