A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 1 pound(s) russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) plain low-fat yogurt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Peel the 1 pound of russet potatoes and store them in cold water. This prevents them from browning. If you happen to like that rustic look (I do!) then leaves some of the skin on.
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces and place in a large pot with just enough water to cover the potatoes. Salt the water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until a fork inserted into the potato meets no resistance. If the potato holds to the fork, they need to cook longer.
- Drain them immediately when done, reserving the water for soup stalk. You can also use it as a vegan option for mashing the potatoes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 clove of garlic and 1 onion to a large skillet and cook over a medium-high heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and 2 tablespoons of curry powder and cook for about three minutes.
- Add the potatoes, the curry mixture, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup of plain low-fat yogurt, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and mash the mixture.
- Plate and serve as its own or part of my mashed potato threesome!