A Jerry James Stone Recipe
CategoriesCocktail, Vegetarian, Yellow
Jump to instructions
- 6 cup water
- 12 pouches of The Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider Tea Bags
- 1 orange, sliced
- ¼ tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp allspice berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 tbsp tablespoons honey
- Add 6 cups of water, 12 tea bags, the orange cut into slices, ¼ teaspoon of whole cloves, 1 teaspoon of allspice berries, and 1 cinnamon stick to a crock pot.
- Whole cloves, allspice berries, and whole cinnamon sticks will last longer than their ground counterparts. The ground spices, stored in an airtight container in a dark cool place, will only keep for about 3 months, 6 if you are lucky. Whole spices can last up to a year or longer. If you keep them in the refrigerator, even longer than that.
- The best way to store oranges and lemons, by the way, is not on your counter. Store citrus fruit in the fridge in the vegetable drawer if you can. Don’t keep them in plastic bags or anything airtight. Stored this way, they will last for weeks. Let the fruit come to room temperature before consuming for the best flavor.
- Steep the ingredients in the crock pot, covered, for 1 hour at medium-high heat.
- Add in the lemon slice and 2 tablespoons of honey. More if you like it sweeter.
- Honey lasts indefinitely. It’s normal for it to crystalize over time. It isn’t spoiled. Storing it anywhere colder than room temperature speeds that up.