A Jerry James Stone Recipe
Jump to instructions
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee, finely ground
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Now, I like my pumpkin seeds salty. That is, after I suck off whatever spice I put on them, I still want the seed itself to be salted. To accomplish this, I simmer them in salted water before flavoring them. To do this, place seeds in a sauce pan with just enough water to cover, adding 1 tablespoon of salt for every cup of pumpkin seeds. Bring it to a boil and let them simmer for about five minutes. Strain the seeds and let them completely dry.
- Now mix 1 cup of pumpkin seeds with 1/8 teaspoon of olive oil,1 teaspoon of chili powder,1 teaspoon of finely ground coffee, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. How tasty does this chili and coffee seasoning look?!
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, spreading the seeds out into a single layer.
- Roast them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the salted seeds just begin to look toasted--don't let them burn! Enjoy!